Mack's Pillow Soft Silicone Earplugs
What Is It?
- 6 pairs of silicone ear plugs
- Made from malleable, non-irritating silicone rubber (does not contain any latex)
What Does It Do?
- Helps protect your ears from harmful noise levels, where-ever you may be.
- Seals out water when swimming/showering and helps prevent swimmers ear infections.
- Also has been found to help relieve flying discomfort. (It is believed that the plugs slow down and/or decrease the effects of the pressure changes, thus allowing the ears more time to equalise. Wearing the plugs also helps to lower the noise levels in the aeroplane cabin allowing better rest. Best results are obtained if the earplugs are worn for the entire flight.).
- Comfortable enough to wear when sleeping - get a good night's sleep when sleeping with a snoring partner!
- The Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) is 22dB. NRR is an acronym that stands for Noise Reduction Rating. This means that, if you wear a product with an NRR of 22 the noise entering your ears will be reduced by an average of 22 decibels. Please note this reduction rating assumes a correct fit of the earplugs.
How do I use it?
- Make sure hands and ear opening are clean and dry. Shape whole plug into a ball.
- Place plug over ear opening and flatten to form airtight seal. Avoid hair.
- Do not insert into ear canal - cover the opening of the ear canal only.
- To loosen and remove, press up behind ear.
- Discard after several uses (up to 5 is recommended) or as soon as dirt or wax accumulates on earplugs.
- Do not use for scuba diving or at depths over 10 feet.
Please note that the manufacturers do not recommend breaking the ear plugs apart to make them smaller. They are specifically designed to cover the ear canal and breaking them into smaller pieces may cause the user to push the earplug into the ear canal making it more difficult to remove. If you need smaller plugs please see Mack's Pillow Soft Kids.