Mack's Ultra Soft Foam Earplugs
What Is It?
- 10 pairs of soft foam ear plugs
- Made from urethane foam. The "latex" in the Mack's foam earplugs is not natural latex but a synthetic latex technically called an emulsion polymer. This has the same properties as latex (water based, adhesive, etc.) but does not have the enzyme problem associated with natural latex. If, in the extremely rare instance you should experience any type of rash or skin irritation while using Mack's Ultra Earplugs, please discontinue use immediately.
What Does It Do?
- Offer the unsurpassed combination of hearing protection and comfort in environments with hazardous noise levels.
- Tapered design to enhance wearing comfort, particularly good for use over prolonged periods.
- Use whenever your ears will be exposed to harmful noise levels; e.g. when attenting loud events or concerts, when using power tools, participating in shooting or motor sports; or to improve concentration when studying.
- Mack's Ultra Earplugs carry a very high Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 32dB. This is one of the highest ratings for non-custom made earplugs. NRR is a measurement to indicate to what extent sounds entering the ear canal are reduced when the earplug is correctly in place.
How do I use it?
- With clean hands, roll plug into a tight, crease-free cylinder. With opposite hand, reach over head and pull up and back on outer ear to straighten ear canal. Quickly insert earplug well into ear canal and hold in until it expands for a comfortable, secure fit.
- Improper fitting will reduce effectiveness.
- Remove earplug slowly with twisting motion to gradually break the seal.
Fitting tip: A plug that is cooler in temperature will retain its compressed shape and rigidity slightly longer, sometimes making it easier to insert. Sometimes when you try a number of times to insert a plug it can warm up to body temperature and be more difficult to work with. A sign that the earplug is sealing properly is that your own voice will sound more internal and exaggerated.
If you are looking for a plug that can also act as an earplug for water protection, have a look at the Mack's Pillow Soft Silicone Earplugs- note however that these do not carry as high a NRR as the Ultra Plugs.