Phonak Serenity Choice reusable ear-plugs: Shooting and Hunting
Serenity Choice: High-end hearing protection from Phonak.
Using patented impulse filter technology, the Serenity Choice™ Hunting & Shooting protects the users ears from the peak sound pressure level of gun shots, artillery fire and explosions, reducing them to safer levels, less likely to cause long term hearing damage.
Developed for military use, Serenity Choice™ Hunting & Shooting provides optimum protection from high impulse noise, being ANSI IPIL certified up to 166 dB. When no sound peaks are present, the product provides a low attenuation, permitting voice and background noise to be heard.
- Superior filter technology – Best in class acoustic filters for best acoustical performance.
- Hypoallergenic material – medical grade TPE (ThermoPlastic Elastomer) is used for the eartips - TPE has some antibacterial properties, unlike silicone from which most tips are manufactured.
- Ventilation / Hygiene – the patented filter technology allows situational awareness and communication. Natural ear ventilation is supported which helps prevent moisture build up. This reduces the ‘hot ear’ sensation in the ear canal often found with other foam/silicone plugs. By allowing air into the ear to reduce ear canal irritation, the wearer retains sound directionality and spatiality, critical in hunting situations.
- 3 different ear tip sizes (S, M, L) to ensure a perfect fit for everyone.
- Washable with warm water - leave to dry completely before re-use
What's in the box:
- 2 ear tips of each size S, M, L
- Two acoustic filters 19dB
- Aluminum key-ring carrying case
- Multilingual manual
Information on NRR / SNR values provided:
NRR: The NRR (noise reduction rating) is a method which attempts to describe a hearing protector based on how much the overall noise level is reduced by the hearing protector. The NRR as a clinical evaluation theoretically provides an estimate of the protection of a given device. The reasons for rating each hearing protector involve OSHA and EPA requirements for product safety and reliability. The rating enables the end user to assess the product 's attenuation abilities for noise in their own given work environment.
SNR: The SNR (single number rating) is the system within the European Union to indicate the amount of protection offered by a correctly fitted hearing protection device